Archive for February, 2010
Products we sell in the office:
- Custom orthotics: Conform perfectly to your arch for support. Designed with your weight and activity levels in mind. Engineered to actually control foot function, not just cushion it.
- TENS Units: “TENS” is the acronym for Transcutaneous Electrical Nerve Stimulation. A “TENS unit” is a pocket size, portable, battery-operated device that sends electrical impulses to certain parts of the body to block pain signals.
- Electrode Pads: Self-adhesive, reusable replacement electrodes for TENS units.
- Exercise bands: rubber tension bands used in resistance exercises.
- Exercise balls: Includes an air pump and wall chart of step by step instructions for a complete body workout program. Develops strength and flexibility and improves balance and coordination.
- Back support: Plush elastic back panel and double side pulls provide superior abdominal compression critical for low back support.
- Stork Support: Relieves muscular pain and fatigue of pregnancy. By supporting under the abdomen this unique support provides comfort and safety. Ideal for mom’s on the go having to lift or mom’s that want to continue to work out during pregnancy.
- Wrist support: brace used for treatment of wrist and hand conditions.
- Ankle Support: brace used for the treatment of foot and ankle conditions.
- Patellar strap: Helps relieve anterior knee pain caused by patellar tendonitis, chondromalacia and Osgood-Schlatter.
- Tennis elbow strap: Support helps to alleviate pain due to tennis elbow, supinator strain or tendonitits. Focuses pressure below the elbow while maintaining a full range of motion.
- Biofreeze: topical pain reliver. Menthol acts to stimulate specific sensory receptors in thye skin, thereby blocking other receptors from sending pain signals to the brain.
- Heel lift: shoe insert used to balance leg length.
- Airpack Backpacks: relieve pain by reducing back stress up to 80%. They transfer weight from the shoulders to the lower back. Lighten the effective weight of the pack by 50% and promote an upright standing position and healthy posture.
Supplements for Health and Wellness:
- Standard Process supplements and purification system, including veterinary products and children’s formulas.
- Progressive Labs immune system booster (coryza forte)
- Formula 303: Homeopathic, Natural relife for muscle spasm, tension, and stress.
Posted in: Blog by chirocare on February 4, 2010
On February 1st Dr. Tushaus held a Trigger Point Workshop. He had a packed house. The guests enjoyed dinner on us and a free hands-on demonstration of massage techniques. Everybody had fun learning some great tools to use at home for self care and self pain management. This workshop was also a great way to teach a husband how to give a good massage to his wife. The next workshop is March 1st, you don’t want to miss this good time and helpful information. Call to reserve your spot (314) 439-5548
Posted in: Dr. Gina by chirocare on
Countdown to the Arrival of Dr. Gina’s First Baby. Dr. Gina’s baby is due on April 2nd 2010. Only 8 weeks left. Boy or Girl? We don’t know, Dr. Gina and her husband have decided keep that a surprise. When Dr. Gina starts her time off her patients will be taken care of by MollieShea and Dr. T. Dr. Tushaus will be here to treat her patients while she’s out on maternity leave. Dr. Gina is feeling great and really enjoys being pregnant. We are all so excited to meet the new addition to her family. More updates to come!!