Posted in: Blog, Fitness, Health Tips by chirocare on December 15, 2011
Why are my joints achy this time of year?
Our joints feel achy because…
- In the cold, our muscles and bllod vessels contract to conserve body temperature and that means less blood supply to our arms and legs.
- Typically, barometric pressure is lower in the winter amd that change in pressure ccan cause aches and pains. Since are is a gas, it expands when heated and contracts when cooled – similar to tire pressures, but the effect is between the bones.
- Both the weather and holiday schedules can sabotage our exercise routines so we move around less and the less we move the less lubrication our joints get.
- Humidity decreases in the cold season and humidity helps lubricate our joints.
- Have us help you keep your joints and muscles moving. Call the office at (314) 439-5548 for Chiropractic Care, Massage Therapy and/or Acupuncture.
- Stay warm. Hats, scarves and gloves don’t just look cool, they keep your joints warm too.
- Exercise and don’t forget to stretch. Keep your heart rate up and the blood pumping.
- Get good sleep!!