” A few weeks ago I sprained my elbow. I’m a massage therapist and a Chiropractic assistant so any injury to my upper body can potentially effect my work. I was worried. Fortunately, I had Dr. Gina to turn to for help. As soon as I told her what happened she said “I want to tape it”. I knew what she meant because I had seen her tape patients injuries in the past. Not only was there constant pain in the bicep and forearm but I couldn’t straighten my arm or lift anything over a few pounds.On Friday, Dr. Gina put the kinesiotape on and within 30 minutes I could feel it working, getting warm and improving the range of motion.
Dr. Gina is a Chiropractor St Louis that has been practicing since 1999. She is the owner of Chiropractic Care & Sports Rehab.
That afternoon I heard a story on NPR about the Olympic Athletes wearing this Kinesio tape to improve their performance and support past injuries. All weekend I was being asked my friends and strangers what that stuff on my arm was. I was happy to have the reference of the Olympics and explain to them that although not a lot of studies or research has been done, I can honestly say this stuff works!
By Sunday night I could move freely and felt stronger, I took the tape off. On Monday the pain came back. Dr. Gina taped it again on Tuesday, only two pieces and in a different pattern to effect different muscles. My elbow felt supported and all the swelling went away. It was truly amazing how much better I felt having the Kinesio tape.
No matter what you read or hear, until you are hurt so bad you’re in tears and something a simple as a few strips of tape heal your body you cant say this stuff doesn’t work. I am proof.
Here is link to learn more about this amazing advance in physical health http://www.kinesiotaping.com/. Please call the office if you would like to make an appointment or speak to me (314) 439-5548.”
-MollieShea Stephens, LMT
Check out our new Facebook FAN PAGE. Please Like it and follow us to learn about special discount offers and events in the office. Thanks
What are your fitness goals this year? Do you have a favorite new exercise?
How can we help you help yourself?
Please call (314) 439-5548 to set-up an appointment
Products we sell in the office:
- Custom orthotics: Conform perfectly to your arch for support. Designed with your weight and activity levels in mind. Engineered to actually control foot function, not just cushion it.
- TENS Units: “TENS” is the acronym for Transcutaneous Electrical Nerve Stimulation. A “TENS unit” is a pocket size, portable, battery-operated device that sends electrical impulses to certain parts of the body to block pain signals.
- Electrode Pads: Self-adhesive, reusable replacement electrodes for TENS units.
- Exercise bands: rubber tension bands used in resistance exercises.
- Exercise balls: Includes an air pump and wall chart of step by step instructions for a complete body workout program. Develops strength and flexibility and improves balance and coordination.
- Back support: Plush elastic back panel and double side pulls provide superior abdominal compression critical for low back support.
- Stork Support: Relieves muscular pain and fatigue of pregnancy. By supporting under the abdomen this unique support provides comfort and safety. Ideal for mom’s on the go having to lift or mom’s that want to continue to work out during pregnancy.
- Wrist support: brace used for treatment of wrist and hand conditions.
- Ankle Support: brace used for the treatment of foot and ankle conditions.
- Patellar strap: Helps relieve anterior knee pain caused by patellar tendonitis, chondromalacia and Osgood-Schlatter.
- Tennis elbow strap: Support helps to alleviate pain due to tennis elbow, supinator strain or tendonitits. Focuses pressure below the elbow while maintaining a full range of motion.
- Biofreeze: topical pain reliver. Menthol acts to stimulate specific sensory receptors in thye skin, thereby blocking other receptors from sending pain signals to the brain.
- Heel lift: shoe insert used to balance leg length.
- Airpack Backpacks: relieve pain by reducing back stress up to 80%. They transfer weight from the shoulders to the lower back. Lighten the effective weight of the pack by 50% and promote an upright standing position and healthy posture.
Supplements for Health and Wellness:
- Standard Process supplements and purification system, including veterinary products and children’s formulas.
- Progressive Labs immune system booster (coryza forte)
- Formula 303: Homeopathic, Natural relife for muscle spasm, tension, and stress.